The IEEE Circuits and Systems Society is soliciting proposals for the realization of Seasonal Schools in Circuits and Systems (SSCAS) in 2018. They should target students, early-stage researchers, and practitioners with a background in the selected topics on Circuits and Systems.
A maximum of 4 SSCAS proposals will be selected. CASS will provide funding of at most US$5,000 for each supported Seasonal School.
The proposals should be submitted following the guidelines below by 30 September 2018. The Seasonal Schools should be planned for the period 1 November 2018 to 31 December 2018. They should be submitted in pdf format to the email email@example.com. Inquiries should also be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Proposal Submission Deadline: 30 September 2018
- Announcement of Decisions: 20 October 2018
This year CASS is fostering and soliciting Seasonal Schools in emerging topics. Selected Seasonal Schools will be encouraged to edit an eBook and material for the CASS Resource Center.
Proposal Preparation Guidelines:
Each proposal should contain the following information:
- Title, a description of the seasonal school technical theme, and an outline of the topics to be covered.
- A letter of endorsement from one or more local CASS Chapters.
- The list of key organizers and their qualifications.
- Description of the proposed venue, including its facilities to host the event.
- Description of the benefits of the seasonal school to the CASS membership - how will it benefit students and the CAS Society in general? How will it benefit the corresponding region? Special activities or initiatives planned to enhance the school's impact on the region and on the society should also be described.
- Proposed dates.
- Registration fees (for students, researchers, and practitioners). Special fees for CAS Society members are suggested.
- Description of any travel grant program part of the seasonal school.
- Detailed budget of the event, that shows revenues and costs. Note the following:
- A CASS contribution of up to US$ 5,000 can be included in the budget.
- Plans for an eventual budget surplus should be included.
- The participation of local chapters in the organization should be highlighted, including their involvement in the budget, plans for splitting any surplus, etc.
- CASS will not assume liability for any deficit.
10. Information about lodging costs for the students.
11. Information about lunch arrangements for the students, if any.
Vice-President Technical Activities, IEEE CASS
Vice-President Regional Activities and Membership, IEEE CASS