The IEEE Circuits and Systems Society (CAS) invites you to participate in the the 1st CASS Student Design Competition. The CASS Student Design Competition is a worldwide competition where undergraduate students will team with high school students. The teams should suggest and execute projects aimed at encouraging High School Students to study Electrical Engineering and related areas. The focus should be on finding a solution to a real-life problem based on circuits and systems.
The competition will take place in three phases, the first at chapter level, the second at regional level and a final at world level. The final will take place during ISCAS 2017.
CASS will pay for the trip to ISCAS 2017 for the four finalists, one for each region – R1-7, R8, R9 and R10, as well as ISCAS registration. The winning team will be awarded US$3,000.
The detailed rules of the competition can be found here.
- June 13, 2016: Registration for the competition closes
- November 4, 2016: deadline for the live demonstrations of the first phase of the competition to take place.
- December 5, 2016: deadline for the results of the first phase to be announced.
- March 5, 2017: deadline for uploading the video and report relative to the second phase of the competition.
- April 3, 2017: deadline for the results of the second phase to be announced.
- April 30, 2017: deadline for the teams to submit the final version of the report.
- May 29, 2017: the live demonstration of the final competition takes place during ISCAS 2017.
- May 30, 2017: the winner is announced during ISCAS 2017 Awards Ceremony.