Tor S Lande, CAS VP conferences, February, 2012
CAS-FEST Steering committee
The CAS-FEST standing steering committee is composed of VP conferences, VP publications and VP Technical activities. The CAS VP Conferences is the chairman of the steering committee responsible for initiating the following actions:
- Issue a call for proposals for CAS-FEST at least two years before the associated ISCAS. The forum is organized in a single track, to intensively cover one focus area at each ISCAS. CAS-FEST is envisioned by the CAS Society as a high-impact, high-quality technical forum.
- Appoint a technical committee to be in charge of the CAS-FEST event at ISCAS ensuring the goal of matching the quality of the accepted papers with high quality of presentations. It is required that the presenter of each paper, who must be identified upon submission, should be the most experienced author of the paper. A student may be the first author of a submitted paper, but the paper must be presented by their advisor, unless all authors are students.
- Appoint guest editor(s) for a JETCAS issue based on papers presented at CAS-FEST. The CAS-FEST technical committee may also be guest editors of the JETCAS issue.
- CAS-FEST is included in ISCAS as a part of the tutorial program similar to a full-day tutorial session.
- The general chair(s) of ISCAS is(are) also the general chair of CAS-FEST together with CAS VP Conferences.
- The technical content of CAS-FEST is managed by CAS-FEST Technical Program Chair(s), appointed by the CAS-FEST steering committee. The technical committee will have full responsibility of the technical content and is expected to provide high-quality presentations attracting attendees.
- ISCAS organizers are responsible for all organizational aspects of CAS-FEST including location, registration, local arrangements, and budgets items as required in the regular ISCAS budget. There are no proceedings to be taken care of.
- Registration fees should at least cover all costs and may even provide a surplus to the ISCAS budget with increasing popularity. However, CAS-FEST fees are recommended to track the actual costs of local arrangements.
- Registration fees for CAS-FEST speakers should follow the policies applied for tutorial speakers in general.
- The technical committee is expected to organize CAS-FEST without any additional expenses. However, CAS will evaluate requirements for support of special efforts making CAS-FEST more attractive for attendees (like webcast). The ISCAS organizer in collaboration with the technical committee should apply for such funding though the CASS VP Conferences.
- The high quality of CAS-FEST is strengthened by CAS-FEST papers will be published in the JETCAS journal by guest editors appointed by the CAS-FEST steering committee.