Guanrong (Ron) Chen
Track Chair for Nonlinear Circuits and Systems at ISCAS 2001
Gian Mario Maggio
During the year of 2000, members of the Nonlinear Circuits and Systems Technical Committee participated in many major conferences and workshops, organized some special sessions, edited several special issues in related journals, and also published a few technical books in the field of nonlinear circuits and systems.
- C. Corduneanu and I. W. Sandberg (eds.), “Volterra Equations and Applications,” Gordon and Breach, 2000.
- I. W. Sandberg, J. T. Lo, C. Francourt, J. Principe, S. Katagiri, and S. Haykin (eds.), “Nonlinear Dynamical Systems: Feedforward Neural Network Perspectives,” Wiley, 2001.
- A. H. Zemanian, “Pristine Transfinite Graphs and Permissive Electrical Networks,” Birkhauser, 2001.
- M. P. Kennedy, R. Rovatti, and G. Setti (eds.), “Chaotic Electronics in Telecommunications,” CRC Press, June 2000.
- G. Chen and T. Ueta (eds.), “Chaos in Circuits and Systems,” 2001, pending.
- P. Arena, R. Caponetto, L. Fortuna, and D. Porto, “Nonlinear Noninteger Order Circuits and Systems-an Introduction,” World Scientific Series on Nonlinear Science, Series A, vol. 38, 2000.
Conferences and Workshops
- G. Chen organizes and chairs “The First Asia-Pacific Workshop in Chaos Control and synchronization” to be held in Shanghai, China, June 28-29, 2001.
Special Issues in CAS-related Journals
- G. Chen and M. Ogorzalek edited a special issue on “Chaos Control and Synchronization” in the International Journal of Bifurcation and Chaos, Vol. 10, No. 3 March and No. 4 April, 2000.
- M. P. Kennedy and G. Kolumban edited a special issue on “Noncoherent Chaotic Communications” in IEEE Trans. on Circ. Sys., Part I, vol. 47, no. 12, December 2000.
- L. Kocarev, G. M. Maggio, M. J Ogorzalek, L. Pecora, and K. Yao edited a special issue on “Applications of Chaos in Modern Communication Systems” in IEEE Trans. on Circ. Sys. Part I, to be published in 2001.
- G. Chen, J. L. Moiola, and H. O. Wang edited a special issue on “Controlling Bifurcations” in Latin American Applied Research Journal, to be published in summer 2001.
- M. Hasler, G. Mazzini, M. Ogorzalek, R. Rovatti, and G. Setti edited a special issue on “Applications of Nonlinear Dynamics to Electronic and Information Engineering” in the IEEE Proceedings, to be published in early 2002.
Special Sessions organized
- At ISCAS 2001: “Applications of Chaos to Communication Systems” by G. M. Maggio and G. Kolumban
- At ISCAS 2001: Tutorial Session on “Statistical Approach to Discrete-time Chaotic Systems” by G. Mazzini, R. Rovatti, and G. Setti
- At NOLTA 2000: “Application of Chaos to Communications and Signal Processing” by G. Mazzini, R. Rovatti, G. Setti
- At ISCAS 2000: Pre-symposium Tutorial on “Chaotic Communications” by M. P. Kennedy and G. Kolumban
- At ISCAS2001: Tutorial on “Statistical Approach to Discrete-time Chaotic Systems” by G. Mazzini, R. Rovatti, G. Setti
Major Research Activities
- G. Chen established and directs a new research center: “Centre for Chaos Control and Synchronization,” at City University of Hong Kong, starting September 2000.
Prepared by GRC/LG for ISCAS2001, Sydney.