During the period 2002-2003, the members of the Nonlinear Circuits and Systems Technical Committee (TC-NCAS) edited 2 special issues in related journals, published 3 technical books in the field of nonlinear circuits and systems, organized several special and invited sessions, and participated in numerous major conferences and workshops.
Special Issues in CAS-related journals:
-  M. Hasler, G. Mazzini, M. Ogorzalek, R. Rovatti, and G. Setti edited a special issue on “Applications of Nonlinear Dynamics to Electronic and Information Engineering,” in the PROCEEDINGS OF THE IEEE, published in May 2002.
-  M. di Bernardo, H. S. H. Chung, C. K. Tse, A. Ioinovici, M. Kazimierczuk, and T. Saito, plan to edit a special issue on “Analysis, Design and Applications of Switching Circuits and Systems,” in the IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON CIRCUITS AND SYSTEMS-PART I, to appear in September 2003.
Our Technical Committee members published the following books:
-  G. Chen and T. Ueta (eds.), Chaos in Circuits and Systems, World Scientific Pub. Co., Singapore, May 2002.
-  G. Chen, X. H. Yu and D. J. Hill (eds.), Chaos and Bifurcation Control: Theory and Applications, Volume I: Chaos Control, Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 2003.
-  G. Chen, D. J. Hill and X. H. Yu (eds.), Chaos and Bifurcation Control: Theory and Applications, Volume II: Bifurcation Control, Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 2003.
Special/Invited Sessions/Tutorials organized:
Our committee members participated in organization of the following special and invited sessions and tutorials:
-  NOLTA’02 ISITA/NOLTA Joint Special Session “Application of Chaos to Communication and Signal Processing”, Organizers: G. Setti, R. Rovatti, G. Mazzini, And C. K. Tse.
-  NOLTA’02 Special Session on “Application of Chaos”, Organizers: R. Rovatti, G. Setti, And C. K. Tse.
-  ISCAS’03 Invited Session on “Nonlinear Dynamics for Coding Theory and Network Traffic,” Organizers: G. Setti, G.M. Maggio, R. Rovatti, and G. Mazzini.
-  ISCAS’03 Tutorial on “Chaotic and Random Point Processes: Analysis, Design and Application to Hybrid Systems”. Organizers: W. Schwarz, A. Baranowski. Participants: Alexander L. Baranovski, Wolfgang Schwarz, Soumitro Banerjee, Mario Di Bernardo, Chi K. Tse, Gianluca Mazzini, Jose Luis Rodriguez Marrero, Gianluca Setti, Oliver Woywode.
-  ISCAS’03 Invited Session on “High-Speed circuits and interconnects”. Organizers: Hideki Asai and Michel Nakhla
-  ISCAS’03 Invited Session on “New Trends in switching power converters towards integration”. Organizers: Eduard Alarcon and Luigi Fortuna
-  ISCAS’03 Invited Session on “Theoretical aspects in cellular neural networks”. Organizer: Marco Gilli
-  GLOBECOM’03 Tutorial on “Discrete-Time Chaotic Systems: Mathematical Tools and Communication Applications”. Organizers: G. Mazzini, R. Rovatti, G. Setti
Conferences, Workshops, Schools
Our Technical Committee co-sponsored the following international conferences:
-  Nonlinear Circuits and Systems Committee, Int. Conference on Communications, Circuits and Systems 2002, Chengdu, China, June 26-28, 2002.
-  Nanjing Regional Workshop on Chaos Control and Synchronization with Applications, Nanjing, China, December 6, 2002.
-  The Second Asia-Pacific Workshop on Chaos Control and Synchronization, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, China, June 7-8, 2003.
-  Shanghai International Symposium on Nonlinear Science and Applications, Fudan University, Shanghai, China, June 9-13, 2003.
-  The First International Conference Physics and Control, St. Petersburg, Russia, August 27-29, 2003.
-  International Symposium on Nonlinear Theory and Its Applications, NOLTA2002, Xian, China, Oct 7-11, 2002
WWW Site and Mailing List
- The NCAS TC WWW page: http://diva.eecs.berkeley.edu/~ljilja/tcncas contains TC news, TC meeting minutes, conference reports, useful information regarding past and future conferences, and links to other sites of interest.
- We continue to maintain the majordomo list (automatic mailing system) for the NCAS Technical Committee members and guests. The list is private and supports geographically diverse membership. It currently consists of 70 subscribing members. The NCAS TC email address is: firstname.lastname@example.org. The members can subscribe and unsubscribe by sending e-mail to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
TC-NCAS OFFICERS (Term ending at ISCAS 2003)Leonid GOLDGEISSER, Chair
Gian Mario MAGGIO, Chair-Elect
Yoshifumi NISHIO, Secretary
Joos VANDEWALLE, Track Chair for NCAS at ISCAS 2003
Gianluca SETTI, Past-Chair
Prepared by: G. R. Chen, G. Setti, Lj. Trajkovic, and L. Goldgeisser.