During the period 2005-2006, between the ISCAS at Kobe and the ISCAS at Kos, the members of the Nonlinear Circuits and Systems Technical Committee (TC-NCAS) published 2 technical books in the field of nonlinear circuits and systems, edited 1 Special Issue in a related journal, organized several special and invited sessions, participated/co-sponsored in numerous major conferences, and workshops and contributed to the Advances in Circuits and Systems.
-  Z. Li, W. A. Halang and G. Chen (eds.), Integration of Fuzzy Logic and Chaos Theory. Berlin: Springer, January 2006.
-  L. Kocarev and G. Vattay (eds.), Complex Dynamics in Communication Networks. Berlin, New York: Springer, 2005.
Special Issues in CAS-related Journals:
-  T. Kohda (Guest Editor), Special Section on “Nonlinear Theory and its Applications,” IEICE Transactions on Fundamentals, October 2005.
Special/Invited Sessions/Tutorials organized:
-  ISCAS’05 – Special Session on “Networks-on-Chip (NoCs): Theory and Applications,” Organizers: G. M. Maggio and Lj. Kocarev.
-  ISCAS’05 – Special Session on: “Behavioral Modeling and AMS Simulation,” Organizer: L. Goldgeisser.
-  ISCAS’05 – Special Session on “Complex Dynamical Networks,” Organizers: G. Chen and X. Wang.
-  ISCAS’05 – Special Session on “Modeling and Analysis of Power/Signal Integrity,” Organizer: H. Asai.
-  The 5th EUROMECH Nonlinear Dynamics Conference, Eindhoven (Aug. 7 -12, 2005 ), “Mini-symposium on Control of Chaos,” Co-chair: G. Chen
-  The European Nonlinear Oscillation Conference, Eindhoven (Aug. 2005), “Mini-symposium on Nonsmooth Dynamical Systems,” Organizer: M. di Bernardo
-  Second International Conference Physics and Control (Aug. 24-26, 2005) – Special Session on: “Complex Networks, Analysis Synchronization and Control,” Organizer: G. Chen
-  NOLTA’05 – Special Session on: “Nonlinear Dynamics Based Applications in CNNs,” Organizer: M. Gilli.
-  NOLTA’05 – Special Session on: “Verified Numerical Computation and Related Topics,” Organizers: S. Oishi and T. Ogita.
-  NOLTA’05 – Special Session on: “Nonlinear Circuits and Systems with Excitation,” Organizers: W. Mathis, W. Schwarz, and R. Stoop.
-  NOLTA’05 – Special Session on: “Multi-scroll Chaotic Attractors,” Organizer: M. E. Yalcin.
-  IEEE Control and Decision Conference ( Dec. 2005 ) – Special Session on: “Analysis and Control of Networks,” Organizers: M. di Bernardo, T. Basar, and L. Chisci.
-  ISCAS’06 – Special Session on: “Multi-Scroll Chaos: Generation, Analysis and Applications,” Organizers: G. R. Chen and J. Lu.
-  ISCAS’06 – Special Session on: “Behavioral Modeling and Analog and Mixed Signal Simulation,” Organizer: L. Goldgeisser.
Conferences, Workshops, Schools:
-  International Workshop on Complex Systems and Networks, Hong Kong, May 20, 2005.
-  International Symposium on Circuits and Systems (ISCAS’05), Kobe, Japan, May 23-26, 2005.
-  International Conference on Communications, Circuits and Systems, Hong Kong, May 27-30, 2005.
-  Second Shanghai International Conference on Nonlinear Science and Applications, Shanghai, June 3-7, 2005.
-  European Conference on Circuit Theory and Design (ECCTD’05), Cork, Ireland, August 29-September 1, 2005.
-  International Workshop on Nonlinear Dynamics of Electronic Systems (NDES’05), Potsdam, Germany, September 18-22, 2005.
-  International Symposium on Nonlinear Theory and its Applications (NOLTA’05), Bruges, Belgium, October 18-21, 2005.
-  International Workshop on Nonlinear Circuits and Signal Processing (NCSP’06), Honolulu, U.S.A., March 3-5, 2006.
“Advances in CAS” Newsletters:
-  “Pinning a Complex Dynamical Network to its Equilibrium (2005 Guillemin-Cauer Award),” X. Li, X. Wang, and G. Chen, August 2005.
-  “New Advances in Multi-Directional Multi-Scroll Chaos Generation” J. Lu, F.L. Han, X.H. Yu, G. Chen, and H. Leung, November 2005.
WWW Site and Mailing List:
- The TC-NCAS WWW page http://diva.eecs.berkeley.edu/~ljilja/tcncas contains links to members’ WWW pages, TC news, conference reports, and meeting minutes, information regarding past and future conferences, and links to other sites of interest.
- The TC-NCAS mailing list address is firstname.lastname@example.org. The list currently consists of 88 subscribers (NCAS Technical Committee members and guests). The list is private and supports geographically diverse membership. Members may subscribe or unsubscribe by sending e-mail to ljilja at cs.sfu.ca.
TC-NCAS OFFICERS (term ending at ISCAS 2006)Joos VANDEWALLE, Chair
(joos.vandewalle at esat.kuleuven.ac.be)
Yoshifumi NISHIO, Past-Chair
(nishio at ee.tokushima-u.ac.jp)
Toshimichi SAITO, Chair-Elect
(tsaito at k.hosei.ac.jp)
Ljupco KOCAREV, Secretary
(lkocarev at ucsd.edu)
Chi K. TSE, Track Chair for NCAS at ISCAS 2006
(encktse at polyu.edu.hk)