During the period 2006-2007 between the ISCAS at Kos and the ISCAS at New Orleans, the members of the Nonlinear Circuits and Systems Technical Committee (TC-NCAS) published 2 technical books in the field of nonlinear circuits and systems, edited 2 Special Issues in related journals, organized/contributed several special and invited sessions, and participated/co-sponsored in numerous major conferences and workshops and contributed to the Advances in Circuits and Systems.
-  W. M. Tam, F. C. M. Lau and C. K. Tse, Digital Communications with Chaos: Multiple Access Techniques and Performance, Elsevier, 2006
-  Z. Li, W. A. Halang and G. Ron Chen (eds.), Integration of Fuzzy Logic and Chaos Theory, Springer, Berlin, January 2006
Special Issues in CAS-related Journals:
-  Shin’ichi Oishi and Joos Vandewalle (Guest Editors) Special Section on “Nonlinear Theory and its Applications” IEICE Transactions on Fundamentals, October 2006.
-  Toshimitsu Ushio and Gianluca Setti (Guest Editors) Special Section on “Nonlinear Theory and its Applications” IEICE Transactions on Fundamentals, Septemeber 2007.
Special/Invited Sessions/Tutorials organized:
-  ISCAS’06 – Special Session on: “Multi-Scroll Chaos: Generation, Analysis and Applications” Organizers: Guanrong Chen, Jinhu Lu.
-  ISCAS’06 – Special Session on: “Behavioral Modeling and Analog and Mixed Signal Simulation” Organizer: Leonid Goldgeisser.
-  ISCAS’06 – Special Session on: “UWB Communications” Organizer: Gian Mario Maggio.
-  NOLTA’06 – Special Session on: “Computer Assisted Proof for Linear and Nonlinear Problem in Rn” Organizers: Shin’ichi Oishi, Siegfried M. Rump.
-  NOLTA’06 – Special Session on: “Hybrid Systems -I, II & III” Organizers: Kazutoshi Gohara, Toshimichi Saito, Wolfgang Schwarz, Chi K. Tse, Toshimitsu Ushio, Shigemasa Takai, Naly Rakoto-Ravalontsalama.
-  NOLTA’06 – Special Session on: “Advanced Modeling and Simulations Techniques” Organizer: Hideki Asai.
-  NOLTA’06 – Special Session on: “Complex Networks Applications” Organizers: Francis Lau, Chi K. Tse.
-  NOLTA’06 – Special Session on: “Statistical Physics of Complex Networks” Organizers: Ljupco Kocarev, Jose Amigo.
-  ISCAS’07 – Special Session on: “Complex Biological & Engineering Networks” Organizers: Derong Liu, Jinhu Lu.
Conferences, Workshops, Schools:
-  The 14th IEEE International Workshop on Nonlinear Dynamics of Electronic Systems (NDES’06), Dijon, France, June 6-9, 2006.
-  The 4th International Conference on Communications, Circuits and Systems, Guilin, China, June 25-28, 2006.
-  The International Workshop on Complex Systems and Networks (IWCSN 2006), Vancouver, BC, Canada, August 18-19, 2006, http://iwcsn2006.irmacs.sfu.ca/
-  The Second International Conference on Dynamics, Vibration and Control, Beijing, China, August 23-26, 2006.
-  The International Workshop on Cellular Nonlinear Networks, Hangzhou, China, September 3-6, 2006.
-  The International Symposium on Nonlinear Theory and its Applications (NOLTA’06), Bologna, Italy, September 11-14, 2006, http://ushiolab.sys.es.osaka-u.ac.jp/nolta2006/
-  The International Workshop on Nonlinear Circuits and Signal Processing (NCSP’07), Shanghai, China, March 3-6, 2007.
-  The International Conference on Communications, Circuits and Systems (ICCCAS’07), Kokura, Japan, July 11-13, 2007.
-  The International Workshop on Complex Systems and Networks (IWCSN 2007), Guilin, China, July 19-21, 2007.
-  The 15th IEEE International Workshop on Nonlinear Dynamics of Electronic Systems (NDES’07), Tokushima, Japan, July 23-26, 2007, http://ndes07.is.tokushima-u.ac.jp/
-  The 4th Asia-Pacific Conference on Chaos Control and Synchronization, Harbin, China, August 24-26, 2007.
-  The European Conference on Circuit Theory and Design (ECCTD’07), Seville, Spain, August 26-30, 2007. http://ecctd07.imse.cnm.es/
-  The International Symposium on Nonlinear Theory and its Applications (NOLTA’07), Vancouver, BC, Canada, September 16-19, 2007. http://nolta07.is.tokushima-u.ac.jp/
-  The International Conference on Applications in Nonlinear Dynamics (ICAND’07), Poipu Beach, Koloa (Kauai), Hawaii, September 23-27, 2007, http://www.icand2007.org/
WWW Site and Mailing List:
- The TC-NCAS WWW page http://diva.eecs.berkeley.edu/~ljilja/tcncas contains links to members’ WWW pages, TC news, conference reports, and meeting minutes, information regarding past and future conferences, and links to other sites of interest.
- The TC-NCAS mailing list address is ncastc-ieee at sfu.ca. The list currently consists of 93 subscribers (NCAS Technical Committee members and guests). The list is private and supports geographically diverse membership. Members may subscribe or unsubscribe by sending e-mail to ljilja at cs.sfu.ca.
TC-NCAS OFFICERS (term ending at ISCAS 2007)
Toshimichi Saito, Chair
(tsaito at hosei.ac.jp)
Joos Vandewalle, Past-Chair
(joos.vandewalle at esat.kuleuven.ac.be)
Ljupco Kocarev, Chair-elect
(lkocarev at ucsd.edu)
Chi K. Tse, Secretary
(encktse at polyu.edu.hk)
Leon Goldgeisser, Track Chair for NCAS at ISCAS 2007
(Leonid.Goldgeisser at synopsys.com)