IEEE ISCAS 2007, New Orleans
May 30, 2007, 1:00pm – 2:00pm
Federico Bizzarri (for Marco Storace)
Tetsuro Endo (Chair on behalf of Toshimichi Saito)
Izzet Cem Göknar
Ljupco Kocarev (Chair-elect)
Norikazu Takahashi (for Tetsuo Nishi)
Chi Kong Michael Tse (Secretary)
Joos Vandewalle (Past Chair)
Chai Wai Wu
- Chairman’s welcome
- Welcome of new members
- Briefing and discussion on the Meeting of the Technical Committee Chairs held on May 28
- Report on activities during the period from ISCAS 2006 to ISCAS 2007
- Organization of special sessions for ISCAS 2008
- Status of the maintenance of the Technical Committee’s website and mailing list
- Election of the 2007-08 officers including Track Chair for ISCAS 2008 for term ending ISCAS 2008
- Any other business
- Chairman’s welcomeTetsuro Endo chaired the meeting on behalf of Toshimichi Saito who was unable to attend ISCAS 2007.
The Chairman welcomed members to the Annual Meeting of the Technical Committee on Nonlinear Circuits and Systems (TC-NCAS).
- Welcome of new membersThe Chairman welcomed three new members to our Technical Committee:
– Sergio Callegari, University of Bologna, Italy
– Norikazu Takahashi, Kyushu University, Japan
– Yoko Uwate, Tokushima University, Japan
- Briefing and discussion on the Meeting of the TC Chairs held on May 28The Chairman invited Joos Vandewalle, VP – Technical Activities, to brief the TC on several important issues raised in the Meeting of TC Chairs held on May 28.
- Members were informed of the new initiative of the production of IEEE Expert Now modules, and were invited to give suggestions on how our TC might contribute to this initiative. Each module is supposed to be a 1-hour lecture or presentation with possible multimedia and interactive electronic materials.
- The former “Advances in Circuits and Systems” will cease to circulate. Articles reporting recent developments in our fields can now be published in the new IEEE CAS Newsletter. Contributions should be sent to Michael Tse, EiC of the Newsletter.
- TCs were invited to consider compiling separate lists of “active” members” and “corresponding members”. “Active members” generally refer to those who are actively involved in our TC’s activities such as attending annual TC meeting often, reviewing papers for our ISCAS track, organizing workshops, organizing special sessions in conferences, etc., where “corresponding members” refer to those who simply wish to be informed of our activities.
- On consolidation of TCs, members were invited to consider the proposal of merging the TC on Graph Theory and Applications (TC-GTA) with our TC. There is interesting synergy between the research on graph theory and our TC. The Chair of TC-GTA had already agreed on the merger. Members also unanimously agreed on the proposal.
- On the Distinguished Lecturer Program (DLP), members were invited to consider nominations for DLP speakers from our TC. Members’ attention was drawn to the requirement of the DLP lectures for bridging theory and applications. The deadline for nominating DLP speakers will be around November 2007.
- The initiative of “multi-conferences” was brought up for discussion. Members were invited to consider possible multi-conference organization. The pros and cons were discussed briefly.
- Members were informed of the recent discussions on the issue of “reproducible research” and its relation with the quality or credibility of our publications. Members discussed about the idea of asking authors to provide additional information about their research results by pointing readers to the authors’ own websites. Members also discussed about the benchmark problems for reporting design performances and tests.
- Report on activities during the period from ISCAS 2006 to ISCAS 2007The “Annual Report of TC-NCAS Activities 2006-07″ was prepared by Toshimichi Saito, TC Chair, and was tabled at the meeting for members’ perusal.
- Organization of special sessions for ISCAS 2008Members were invited to consider proposing and organizing special sessions for ISCAS 2008. The deadline will normally be in September 2007.
- Status of the maintenance of the Technical Committee’s website and mailing listLjiljana Trajkovíc was invited to report on the status of the TC’s website and mailing list. The TC’s website and mailing list were well maintained. A few addresses were removed from the mailing list as they had repeatedly been rebounced.
- Election of the 2007-08 officers including Track Chair for ISCAS 2008 for term ending ISCAS 2008The Chairman proposed that Zbigniew Galias be the ISCAS 2008 Track Chair. Members unanimously agreed to the proposal. Other officers for 2007-08 were elected according to the rotational rule adopted in previous years. The new TC-NCAS officers for 2007-08 are:
Chair: Ljupco Kocarev Chair-elect: Ljupco Kocarev Secretary: Leon Goldgeisser Past Chair: Toshimichi Saito ISCAS 2008 Track Chair: Zbigniew Galias
- Any other businessThere being no other business, the meeting was adjourned at 2:00pm.
Minutes taken by Michael Tse, May 30, 2007.