The IEEE Circuits and Systems Society is soliciting proposals for the realization of Seasonal Schools in Circuits and Systems (SSCAS) in 2017. They should target students, early stage researchers and practitioners with a background in the selected topics on Circuits and Systems.
A maximum of 6 SSCAS proposals will be selected - each of the regions R1-7, R8, R9, and R10 are guaranteed to have at least one proposal selected. CAS Society will provide funding of at most US$5,000 for each supported Seasonal School.
The proposals should be submitted following the guidelines below by March 20, 2017. The Seasonal Schools should be planned for the period beginning April 24, 2017, through December 31, 2017. They should be submitted in pdf format via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Inquiries should also be submitted to email@example.com.
- Proposal submission deadline: March 20, 2017.
- Announcement of decisions: April 7, 2017.
Proposal Preparation Guidelines
Each proposal should be limited to 20 pages (single column, single-spaced, 10pt font) and should contain the following information:
- Title, a description of the seasonal school technical theme, and an outline of the topics to be covered.
- A letter of endorsement from one or more local CASS Chapters.
- The list of key organizers and their qualifications.
- Description of the proposed venue, including its facilities to host the event.
- Description of the benefits of the seasonal school to the CASS membership - how will it benefit students and the CAS Society in general? How will it benefit the corresponding region? Special activities or initiatives planned to enhance the school's impact on the region and on the society should also be described.
- Proposed dates.
- Registration fees (for students, researchers, and practitioners). Special fees for CAS Society members are suggested.
- Description of any travel grant program part of the seasonal school.
Information about lodging including a cost for the students.
- Information about lunch arrangements for the students, if any.
Detailed budget of the event, that shows revenues and costs. Include the following:
- A CASS contribution of up to US$ 5,000 can be included in the budget.
- Plans for an eventual budget surplus should be included.
- The participation of local chapters in the organization should be highlighted, including their involvement in the budget, plans for splitting any surplus, etc.
- CASS will not assume liability for any deficit.
Eduardo A. B. da Silva
Vice-President Regional Activities and Membership
IEEE Circuits and Systems Society