The IEEE Circuits and Systems Society (CASS) invites you to participate in the 5th CASS Student Design Competition. The CASS Student Design Competition is a worldwide competition where undergraduate students will suggest and execute projects on Electrical Engineering and related areas. The focus should be on finding a solution to a real-life problem based on circuits and systems.
The competition will take place in three phases, the first at the chapter level, the second at the regional level, and a final at world level. The final will take place during ISCAS 2021 in Daegu, South Korea.
CASS will pay for the trip to ISCAS 2021 for the four finalists, one for each region - Regions 1-7 (USA and Canada), Region 8 (Europe, Middle East, Africa), Region 9 (Latin America), and Region 10 (Asia, Australia, Pacific), as well as ISCAS registration. The winning team will be awarded $3,000 USD.
The detailed rules of the competition can be found here.
Students who are interested in participating may contact their local CASS Chapter or Student Branch for support.
- 5 September - 30 October 2020: Registration for the competition
- 15 December 2020: Deadline for the live demonstrations of the first phase of the competition to take place
- 31 December 2020: Deadline for the results of the first phase to be announced
- 20 February 2021: Deadline for uploading the video and report relative to the second phase of the competition
- 20 March 2021: Deadline for the results of the second phase to be announced
- 30 April 2021: Deadline for the teams to submit the final version of the report
- 23 May 2021: Live demonstration of the final competition takes place during ISCAS 2021
- 26 May 2021: Winner is announced during ISCAS 2021 Awards Ceremony
General inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org.