CASS offers ten pre-doctoral grants to recognize young members enrolled in a Ph.D. program in a field related to the Circuits and Systems Society Field of Interest to facilitate mobility to conduct interdisciplinary research at another research department.
Submission deadline: 15 July 2021
Each recipient receives a full grant amount of $2500 USD and a certificate. The recipient will receive compensation of up to USD $1000 USD for travel to a CASS flagship conference to receive the award.
- A CAS Society Member for at least two years and is enrolled in a Ph.D. program related to the field of interest of CAS.
- Nominees must provide an endorsement of a university/college faculty member who is a member of IEEE CASS.
- Nominees must provide an endorsement from a CASS member host.
- Nominees who expect to graduate less than one year after the application deadline are not eligible.
- The grant is to be used for research purposes only.
Basis for Judging:
- Past performance
- The expected outcome of the research program and how it advances the state-of-the-art
- Significance of research
- Involvement in the CAS Society research topic, past publications, volunteer experience, etc.