Proposal Deadline: 15 January 2021
Each year, the IEEE Circuits and Systems Society (CASS) organizes several Seasonal Schools in different countries across all regions. These schools bring the latest happenings in the world of circuits and systems to our members. The materials used in the school are published as e-books in the CASS Resource Center, which can be freely downloaded by CASS members. Some of the recent e-books are listed below:
- Selected Topics in RF, Analog and Mixed Signal Circuits and Systems
- Circuits and Systems for the Internet of Things
- Selected Topics in Power, RF, and Mixed-Signal ICs
- Power Management for Internet of Everything
- Enabling Technologies for the Internet of Things: Wireless Circuits, Systems and Networks
- Low Power Circuit Design Using Advanced CMOS Technology
- Circuits and Systems for Biomedical Applications
- Circuits and Systems for Wearable Technologies
- From Artificial Intelligence to Brain Intelligence
- Heterogeneous Cyber Physical Systems of Systems
- Selected Topics in Biomedical Circuits and Systems
- Advanced Tutorial on Analog Circuit Design
- Advanced Tutorial on Radio Frequency Circuit Design
- SoC Designs for Bio-Medical Applications
- Smart Sensors and Devices
We are soliciting proposals for the Seasonal Schools in Circuits and Systems (SSCAS) in 2021. The targeted audiences are research students, early-stage researchers, and practitioners with a background in circuits and systems. CAS Emerging topics and topics that complement those in published e-books will be prioritized.
A maximum of 4 SSCAS proposals could be selected. CASS will provide funding support up to $5,000 USD for each accepted proposal.
The proposal should be prepared following the guidelines below and submitted in pdf format by 15 January 2021 via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Seasonal Schools should be planned for the period 16 February 2021 to 15 December 2021. Any inquiries should be sent to email@example.com.
Proposal Preparation Guidelines
Each proposal should contain the following information:
- The title, a description of the seasonal school technical theme, and a Table of Content for the e-book.
- A letter of endorsement from one or more local CASS Chapters.
- The list of key organizers and their qualifications.
- Description of the proposed venue, including its facilities to host the event.
- Description of the benefits of the seasonal school to the CASS membership
- How will it benefit the research students, early-stage researchers, practitioners, and the CAS Society in general?
- How will it benefit the corresponding region?
- Special activities or initiatives planned to enhance the schools, impact on the region, and on the society should also be described.
- Plan for co-sponsorship or a travel grant from local industry or organization.
- Proposed dates.
- Registration fees (for students, researchers, and practitioners), including the discount for CAS Society members.
- Detailed budget breakdown of the event that shows revenues and costs. Note the following:
- A CASS contribution of at most $5,000 USD can be included in the budget.
- The participation of local chapters in the organization should be highlighted, including their involvement in the budget, etc.
- CASS will not assume liability for any deficit.
- Information about lodging costs for the students, if any.
Timeline for Proposal Submissions and Acceptances
- First Deadline of Proposals: 15 January 2021
- First Announcement of Results: 15 February 2021
- Second Call for Proposals: 30 April 2021
- Second Deadline of Proposals: 31 May 2021
- Second Announcement of Results: 30 June 2021
- Events: From 16 February 2021 to 15 December 2021
Vice-President Technical Activities, IEEE CASS
Vice-President Regional Activities and Membership, IEEE CASS