Here are the pdf’s of several presentations at ISCAS 2011
- Learning to Conceive, Design, Implement and Operate Circuits and Systems
Eduard Alarcón, Ramón Bragós and Elisa Sayrol
Joos Vandewalle and Babak Ayazifar
Joos Vandewalle and Josef Nossek
- Prepare a Special Issue of the CAS Magazine reporting experiences and adopted teaching models. expected for Q1 2009
- Education and Outreach Technical Committee to generate a position paper.
- Develop a dedicated web page and collect material related to the education issues to be uploaded.
- Make contacts with the IEEE Education Society.
- Advertise these initiatives in CAS Magazine, CASS e-newsletter, IEEE Transactions on Education.
- Appoint CASS representatives to other IEEE Societies to observe and follow related discussions.
- Enrich the CASS Distinguished Lecturer Program with speakers on topics related to education.
- Work closer with regional VPs and regional CASS Chapters.
- CASS should help develop a series of video recordings of lectures and related educational material.
- Organize a discussion panel at ISCAS 2009.
- The Education and Outreach Technical Committee to develop a list of objectives and tools with the goal of motivating students.
- Develop concepts inventory in CAS.
- Promote group-based design projects that require active learning.
- Promote projects that “rattle things apart” and build systems for first-year engineering students.
- Develop career trajectories in CAS.
- Promote ethics and professional respect.
- Involve IEEE with the accreditation of academic programs.
Workshop Views, Experience, and Prospects for Education in Circuits and Systems, May 22, 2008 Seattlehttp://www.esat.kuleuven.be/sista/CASeducationworkshop2008/