The IEEE Circuits and Systems Society (CASS) invites you to participate in the 6th CASS Student Design Competition. The CASS Student Design Competition is a worldwide competition where undergraduate students will suggest and execute projects on Electrical engineering and related areas. The focus should be on finding a solution to a real-life problem based on circuits and systems.
The competition will take place in three phases, the first at the chapter level, the second at the regional level, and a final at the world level. The final will take place during ISCAS 2022 in Austin Texas, USA.
CASS will reimburse the travel costs for the trip to ISCAS 2023 for the four finalists, one for each region - Regions 1-7 (USA and Canada), Region 8 (Europe, Middle East, Africa), Region 9 (Latin America), and Region 10 (Asia, Australia, Pacific), as well as ISCAS registration. The winning team will be awarded $3,000 USD.
The detailed rules of the competition can be found here.
Samples of past projects can be found here:
Students who are interested in participating may contact their local CASS Chapter or Student Branch for support.
Important dates: (extensions in bold)
- 5 September - 15 December 2022: Registration for the competition
- 15 January 2023: Deadline for the live demonstrations of the first phase of the competition to take place
- 31 January 2023: Deadline for the results of the first phase to be announced
- 20 February 2023: Deadline for uploading the video and report relative to the second phase of the competition
- 20 March 2023: Deadline for the results of the second phase to be announced
- 1 May 2023: Deadline for the teams to submit the final version of the report
- May 2023: Live demonstration of the final competition takes place during ISCAS 2023 and the winner is announced during ISCAS 2023 Awards Ceremony
General inquiries: (Click to show email)
Technical inquiries: contact your local CASS Chapter Chair or BoG Representative in your Region.