Dear CAS Society Member:
Each year, the members of the IEEE Circuits and Systems Society (CASS) elect new Governors to serve the Society starting at the beginning of the following year. I am calling on you now to nominate candidates for this year’s Board of Governors elections.
CASS is a professional volunteer-based organization. It is essential that we elect energetic and engaged leaders who will organize activities to meet the needs of entire Circuits and Systems community and who will guide our Society into the future. As a CASS member, you are in an excellent position to know the strengths of your fellow members and how they can best serve our community.
As you consider potential nominees, please take into account that CASS wishes to promote diversity in every possible dimension. As such, CASS would love to receive nominations that complete the current composition of BoG with respect to, to name a few, technical, gender, and geographic diversity.
Board of Governors
Three members of the CAS Society will be elected this year by the Society membership at large to serve a three-year term on the Board of Governors. The other two remaining seats will be filled by our newly-minted Regional Member at Large position, this position will be elected by the regional Society membership from which they currently reside and will serve a three-year term on the Board of Governors. For more details on this new position, please read our Society Bylaws.
The Board of Governors represents the members of the Society and approves the Society’s annual budget and amendments to the Constitution and Bylaws elects Society Officers and authorizes the expenditure of Society funds. Members of the Board of Governors are expected to attend two annual meetings, one in the spring and one in the fall. Eligibility criteria stated briefly in the CAS Society Bylaws at the end of Article IV, Section 3.1, are: the nominee is an IEEE and Society member in good standing for at least 2 years and meets all other requirements of the Constitution and these Bylaws.
Complete Board of Governors' nominations must be received using the process described at the end of the page by 20 July 2020, in order to be considered.
A complete nomination must include
- Nomination Form
- Candidate Position Statement
- Candidate Biography
- Candidate Photo
(1) A completed Nomination Form is required. Eligibility criteria, stated briefly in the CAS Society Bylaws at the end of Article IV, Section 3.1, are: the nominee is an IEEE and Society member in good standing for at least 2 years and meets all other requirements of the Constitution and these Bylaws.
(2) Candidate Position Statement. The candidate’s position statement is limited to 1000 words.
- In addition, the position statement should include answers to the following three questions. (Each answer is limited to 100 words)
- What are, in your opinion, the three most important services that CASS should provide to its membership?
- Mention one large long-term initiative that CASS should undertake in the next two years and that you would help to establish if elected.
- Mention three ways for CASS to reach/serve a specific part of the CASS community that you consider of particular importance (Industry, Academia, young CASS members, members of a specific region, ..)
(3) Candidate Biography. The candidate’s biography should be limited to 500 words.
(4) An electronic photograph should be included.
The Nomination Form, Biography, Candidate Position Statement, and Photo must be submitted through the CASS website by 20 July 2020.
The Nominations Committee greatly encourages you to recommend suitable candidates for these elections. Our strength as a society is not only in our engineering expertise but also in our societal spirit including the sharing of information with each other. This we can do best when we have a strong organization with engaged members.
Chair, 2020 Nominations Committee
IEEE Circuits and Systems Society