The special issue proposal should have two parts. (1) a description of the proposal and (2) a draft of the Call for Papers for the special issue. IEEE JETCAS Senior Editorial Board members will review both parts.
The proposal description should include the following sections:
- Rationale and motivation, including an explanation of why this is an emerging research topic, and scope
- Target community
- Venues of solicitation
- A list of potential contributors
- Abstract of the overview paper to be optionally contributed by the guest editors
- Brief bio-sketches of the Corresponding Guest Editor (CGE) and Guest Editors (GE), relationship among guest editors and track records of collaboration together
- A proposed timeline of key milestones for the special issue
- Schedule Rationale (to be completed only if the schedule differs from the suggested timeline available here)
- References, if any.
In case of a proposal resubmission, a mandatory reply (in pdf format) to the SEB members’ comments has to be attached to the description form.
A template of the proposal description can be found here: proposal-template.docx.
The Call for Papers should include the following sections:
- Scope, purpose and submission instructions
- List of suitable topics
In case the special issue proposal is approved, the Call for Papers obtained by this procedure will be distributed to the CASS membership e-mail list.
A template of the Call for Papers can be found here: cfp-template.docx
A schedule of past and assigned special issues is provided here.