Expression of Interest deadline extended: 15 September 2023
The IEEE Circuits and Systems Society (CASS) is soliciting proposals from all regions for hosting the 2025 edition of the IEEE Asia Pacific Conference on Circuits and Systems (APCCAS) and the Asia Pacific Conference on Postgraduate Research in Microelectronics & Electronics (PrimeAsia).
APCCAS is an IEEE CASS Regional flagship conference held jointly with the PrimeAsia conference in Region 10. It is a joint annual event financially sponsored by the IEEE CAS Society (CASS). It is organized in the months of October to November. Its technical sessions last for three days, and they are preceded by a day devoted to tutorials or Keynotes. Social events for all attendees include a welcome reception and a banquet. It is recommended that lunch be provided to attendees during the days of technical sessions and be included in the registration fee. Flagship conferences are preferably organized in locations that are close to a city center and offer opportunities for the participants to come in contact with and experience the local history and culture.
The Expressions of Interest should be submitted electronically by the local organizing committee to the conference steering committee chair, Yongfu Li, (Click to show email), and vice chair Qiang Li, (Click to show email), as well as the IEEE CASS Operations Manager, at (Click to show email), with a copy to the IEEE CASS Vice President of Conferences, Andrei Vladimirescu, at (Click to show email) by 11:59 PM EDT (UTC -4:00) on 15 September 2023.
The proposal should contain all the items listed below, additional information can be found here.
Proposers will receive notification by 1 October 2023 if their Expression of Interest is accepted. The selected proposers will then be invited to present the final bid at the steering committee meeting, being held in conjunction with APCCAS 2023 from 20-23 November 2023 in Hyderabad, India.
IEEE APCCAS Conference Steering Committee Chair
APCCAS/PrimeAsia Call for Proposals Guidelines
*Please note that when submitting a proposal to the IEEE CASS Manager via email, you must create your subject line using the following format:
"APCCAS 2025 - Proposal Submission - (Submitter's Last Name)"
A proposal should contain the following mandatory items:
- A letter of commitment from the General Chair to present the proposal in person to the steering committee at November 20-23 2023 at Hyderabad, India and, in case the bid is successful, to present updates on preparation on all prior sessions of the event they bid for. The General Chair should also commit to the financial closing of AICAS within 6 months from its organization. In the same letter, the General Chair should acknowledge full understanding of and commitment to follow these guidelines, which are mandatory for the organization of a flagship conference. If you need to get invitation letter to attend the conference and apply for visa, please inform the conference steering committee chair so that the arrangement can be made for you and your team.
- The names of the General Chair, Technical Program Chair, and all Key Committee members, with their qualifications and current or past involvement in CASS leadership and CASS conferences.
- Any IEEE Organizational Units, other than CASS, and any other entities involved in the organization.
- Proposed conference dates.
- The proposed destination and venue. Based on recent paper submissions, the venue should be able to accommodate:
- Up to 300 participants in plenary sessions;
- Up to 300 persons for banquets;
- About 3-4 parallel technical lecture sessions (each room seating at least 60 participants);
- Morning and afternoon breaks, in a common area, exhibition booths, and about 50 poster presentations (double-sided display boards);
- Speaker preparation room;
- Operations room;
- Meeting room for the Steering Committee.
- List of IEEE Technical Conferences previously held at the same Venue.
- Estimated budget. The budget should have details about all aspects of the organization. Use the IEEE Budget Template. If you have any questions in preparing the budget, please direct them to the CASS Office at (Click to show email). Some details:
- The budget should have a discounted registration fee for CASS members, i.e. at least $25 USD less than the fee for IEEE members, and a further reduction in the registration fee for students;
- The registration fees (including student registration) should give access to all technical sessions as well as admission to the conference lunches and banquet;
- The budget must be based on local currency and registration fees must be in local currency but should also state the equivalent US$ amounts;
- Additional (small) fees may be charged for tutorials;
- The budget should show a surplus of 20 percent and comply with the general IEEE requirements.
- Potential Financial Support from Government and Industry
- Provision in the budget for one Best Paper and one Best Student Paper Awards of $500 USD.
- Professional Conference Organizer (PCO) credentials, if any PCO is involved
- International Air Access & Local Transportation:
- List of international air carriers that service nearby airports. Examples of round-trip airfares from representative international destinations, such as London, Frankfurt, Paris, New York, Chicago, Los Angeles, Beijing, Taipei, Tokyo, Seoul, etc.
- Visa requirements.
- Local security for participants.
- Paper review system.
- Support from Local Volunteers.
- Local industrial interests in the field of Circuits and Systems. Indicate which of these companies are potential exhibitors at the Conference.
- Provide an analysis of the impact of holding the conference in the proposed location on the country and region.
- Accommodation options for Professionals and Students. Estimated hotel expenses:
- Provide a list of hotels, the number of rooms for each, and their distance and accessibility from the conference venue and from restaurants and shopping districts;
- Provide details regarding transportation modes and schedules between the conference venue and recommended hotels;
- Verify that the hotels listed can provide high-speed Wi-Fi service in guest rooms;
- Summarize local public transportation facilities and schedules.
- Expected Weather Conditions.