Women in Circuits and Systems (WiCAS) is a subcommittee of the Board of Governors of the IEEE Circuits and Systems Society, one of the largest and oldest of IEEE's technical societies.
WiCAS is a community open to any IEEE member. CASS membership is recommended. WiCAS supports career development for IEEE CASS members, particularly women, young researchers and professionals, minorities, and all those at their early career stages.
Scope & Mission
Women in Circuits and Systems (WiCAS) supports career development for IEEE CASS members, particularly women, minorities, and those at early career stages. WiCAS is a subcommittee of the Board of Governors of the IEEE Circuits and Systems Society, one of the largest and oldest of IEEE's technical societies.
Join the WiCAS Community
- Please, send an email to the WiCAS Chairs or contact the (Click to show email)
- IEEE and IEEE CASS memberships are recommended, but not mandatory.
The WiCAS events traditionally aim to inspire and motivate both students and young professionals in the domain of circuits and systems to have efficient roles in their professions, by meeting successful female engineers and professors, through interesting technical and professional talks in fields of interest of CASS.
A WiCAS event is a free initiative aiming to:
- Inspire and motivate both students and young professionals in the domain of circuit and system to have efficient roles in their professions, by meeting successful female engineers and professors;
- Enrich the audience knowledge through interesting technical talks in fields of interest of CASS;
- Introduce the WiCAS community and its role, and motivate females’ researchers/scientists to be active members in conferences, events, and workshops, providing guidance and support.
- WiCAS events are open and welcome everyone, including scientists, technologists, engineers, scholars, and practitioners, with no limitation on gender.
- WiCAS events can be organized as a satellite event in the frame of all CASS conferences or can be organized and promoted as an independent event by Technical Committees, Chapters and Special Interest Groups in CASS.
Organizing a WiCAS event
- The WiCAS committee can support the organizers in promoting the event through the CASS community.
- If you are interested in the organization of a WiCAS event, you can prepare your proposal and inform the WiCAS chairs. Accordingly, the WiCAS officers can discuss the new WiCAS initiative inside the BoG and can offer financial support for the promotion of this event. During past events, a budget has been reserved for supporting invited speakers’ travel, arranging promotional items and gadgets, offering cocktail receptions, preparing flyers, assigning appreciation gifts or plaques for speakers, promoting WiCAS best paper awards, etc.
- ...And do not forget to ask us for the high-res official WiCAS logo!
- If you want to know more about the organization of a WiCAS event, contact the WiCAS chair or WIE Coordinator.