Young Professionals in Circuits and Systems (YPCAS) is a community open to any IEEE member. CASS membership is recommended.
YPCAS aims to inspire and motivate both students and young professionals in the domain of circuits and systems to be proactive in their professions, thanks to the circulation of new ideas, networking, and awareness of the challenges that still have to be welcome in the field of circuits and systems.
Scope and Mission
Young Professionals in Circuits and Systems (YPCAS) supports career development for IEEE CASS members, particularly those at early career stages.
Join the YPCAS Community
- Please, send an email to the YPCAS Chairs or contact the (Click to show email)
- IEEE and IEEE CASS memberships are recommended, but not mandatory.
The YPCAS events traditionally aim to inspire and motivate both students and young professionals in the domain of circuits and systems to have efficient roles in their professions, by meeting successful engineers and professors, through interesting technical and professional talks in fields of interest of CASS.
A YPCAS event is a free initiative aiming to:
- Enrich the audience’s knowledge through interesting technical talks in fields of interest of CASS.
- Introduce the YPCAS community and its role, and motivate researchers/scientists to be active members in conferences, events, and workshops, providing guidance and support.
- YPCAS events are open and welcome everyone, including scientists, technologists, engineers, scholars, and practitioners, with no limitation on gender.
- YPCAS events can be organized as a satellite event in the frame of all CASS conferences or can be organized and promoted as an independent event by Technical Committees, Chapters and Special Interest Groups in CASS.
Organizing an YPCAS Event
- The YPCAS committee can support the organizers in promoting the event through the CASS community.
- If you are interested in the organization of a YPCAS event, you can prepare your proposal and inform the YPCAS chairs. Accordingly, the YPCAS officers can discuss the new YPCAS initiative inside the BoG and offer financial support to promote this event. During past events, a budget has been reserved for supporting invited speakers’ travel, arranging promotional items and gadgets, offering cocktail receptions, preparing flyers, assigning appreciation gifts or plaques for speakers, promoting YPCAS best paper awards, etc.
- ...And do not forget to ask us for the high-res official YPCAS logo!
- ...If you want to know more about the organization of a YPCAS event, contact the YPCAS chair/co-chair or the CASS YP Representative.