- All articles must be submitted via our submission site at https://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/oj-cas.
- Format your article for submission by using the article template, located in the IEEE Author Center. [Word and LaTeX versions are available.]
- Submit your article text in PDF format. Visit the IEEE Author Center for information on writing the abstract, using equations in your article, publishing author names in native languages, and more.
- Submit your figures individually in PS, EPS, PDF, PNG, or TIF format. Visit the IEEE Author Center for information on resolution, size requirements, file naming conventions, and more.
- For information on submitting supplementary material such as graphical abstracts, multimedia, or datasets, visit the IEEE Author Center.
Publication Fees Policy and Article Processing Charges (APCs)
As we aim to publish widely indexed, carefully copyedited, high-quality manuscripts, publication of an accepted paper requires expensive production steps. In the editing and production stage, IEEE employs professional full-time staff and freelancers, and we have to pay for these services. To defray these costs (and because we do not sell subscriptions like toll-access journals) we require authors to pay certain fees.
Authors publishing in OJ-CAS pay an article processing fee open access fee (also called an open access, or OA fee) only in case of acceptance in the amounts stated below.
These fees are usually funded from research grants, and new researchers in the area are urged to budget for open access publications in their grant proposals, much as they budget for conference presentations.
Article processing fees for Open Access journals have become an increasingly accepted method to defray the costs for publication, and fortunately, most institutions have developed mechanisms and funding sources to cover publication costs in high-quality open access journals.
The APCs for this journal are as follows:
- APC: $1,850 (effective 1 January 2022)
- 40% Promotional discount for CAS members: $1,110
- 15% Promotional discount for IEEE members and members of other IEEE Societies: $1,387.50
- Discounts cannot be combined, 2022 APC pricing is based upon articles submitted in 2022. Articles submitted in 2021 will maintain the 2021 ($1,750) APC pricing when billed.
The above discounts, valid for papers formally accepted through the end of 2021, are subsidized by the IEEE CAS Society and the IEEE, cannot be combined and are applicable with proof of valid membership requirements.
All IEEE journals require an Open Researcher and Contributor ID (ORCID) for all authors. ORCID is a persistent unique identifier for researchers and functions similarly to an article’s Digital Object Identifier (DOI). You will need a registered ORCID to submit an article or review a proof in this journal. Learn more about ORCID and sign up for an ORCID today.
English Language Editing Services
English language editing services can help refine the language of your article and reduce the risk of rejection without review. IEEE authors are eligible for discounts at several language editing services; visit the IEEE Author Center to learn more. Please note these services are fee-based and do not guarantee acceptance.