Information for Authors
The IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems for Video Technology (TCSVT) covers the circuits and systems aspects of all video technologies. General, theoretical, and application-oriented papers with a circuits and systems perspective are encouraged for publication in TCSVT on or related to image/video acquisition, representation, presentation and display; processing, filtering and transforms; analysis and synthesis; learning and understanding; compression, transmission, communication and networking; storage, retrieval, indexing and search; and/or hardware and software design and implementation. The field of interest covered includes:
- Communication, Networking, and Broadcast Technologies
- Components, Circuits, Devices, and Systems
- Computing and Processing
- Signal Processing and Analysis
This publication considers original works that enhance the existing body of knowledge. Original review articles and surveys are acceptable, even if new data/concepts are not presented. The results described in the article should not have been submitted or published elsewhere. Expanded versions of conference publications may be submitted. Articles must be intelligible and must be written in standard English.
- How do I submit my paper for review or publication?
- Visit the IEEE Author Digital Toolbox, which provides general guidelines regarding the submission of text and graphics, as well as templates, and instructions on how to submit multimedia materials. Most of the information is in the form of a convenient, downloadable PDF file.
- Which IEEE publication is appropriate for the paper I would like to submit for publication?
- The Journals and Magazines page provides a listing of our publications and a link to each publication’s Web page. There, you will find the scope of each publication, contact information for obtaining more details, the frequency of its publication, a description of the topics covered, associated page charges, and contact information such as the Editor-in-Chief, or associate editors. Some publications also supply a link to their Society’s Web site for more specific information regarding that publication’s review and submission processes.
- Would you please sent me an author kit?
- Download the most up-to-date version of our Information for Authors kit.
- Is there a template available for my specific publication?
- The IEEE provides LaTeX and Word templates that can be used for all final submissions. In addition, the IEEE Transactions on Magnetics has supplied a Word template for creating submissions to TMAG. All of these templates are available for download at the IEEE Author Digital Toolbox page.
- Some publications do provide information to their authors that is more specific than the IEEE’s general guidelines and in some cases customized templates and instructions are provided as well. For links to individual transactions, journals, and letters Web pages, please go to the Journals and Magazines page.
- What formats does IEEE allow for paper submission?
- IEEE accepts TeX, LaTeX, Word and Rich Text Format (RTF).
- What are the acceptable formats for submitting graphics for my paper?
- Visit the Graphics Checker Tool, which provides an online tool to check graphics.
- IEEE accepts Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and PDF files for graphics submission. High-resolution JPGs are acceptable for author photos only (IEEE also continues to accept Postscript, EPS, and TIFF). As part of the production process, all grayscale figures and line art are converted to TIFF format.
- Image quality is very important in how the graphics will reproduce. Even though IEEE can accept many formats, graphics cannot improve if they are poor quality when received. If you need further help or have questions, please e-mail (Click to show email).
- How can I determine what I will be charged for color printing?
- The following are the basic charges for color:
- $1,045.00 US for printing charges (four or fewer color pages)
- $2,090.00 US (four to eight pages)
- $3,135.00 US (nine to twelve pages)
- + $62.50 US per color image (i.e., if you have two color figures the charge would be $125 US, + $1,045)
- Please note that these are costs for color printing and do not include page charges or reprint charges, which must be paid separately. Once your paper is received at the IEEE, a staff editor will contact you with specific instructions on how to proceed with color figures.
- If your decision is to include color graphics, IEEE will require that you send as soon as possible, a faxed copy of the purchase order reflecting the amount due or an e-mail with the following details of your credit card: Name as it appears on credit card, credit card number, type of credit card (Visa/ Mastercard etc.) expiration date, and amount to be charged. Notify IEEE, as soon as possible, if your decision is to have all graphics in black and white.
- Color art can be processed only after IEEE receives either the purchase order or the credit card details.
- The following are the basic charges for color:
- What are the publication charges associated with my accepted paper?
- The answer depends on your publication’s page charge policy, including any over length charges. To find out this information, please visit the IEEE Instructions for Authors on Reprints and Special Charges page. It also depends on how many reprints you order, and of course any color charges if you have figures in your paper that you choose to have printed in color.
- If your journal has over length page charges, then you will need to estimate the number of pages in your paper. The number of pages can be estimated two ways: counting all the pages in your submitted work (including figures, pages of text, pages of figure captions, references, bios, author photos, etc.) and divide the total by 3. Or, you can use the IEEE style template to preformat your work, including figures and tables, in order to give you a more accurate page estimate.
- May I have an update as to the status of my submitted paper?
- Please contact the editorial office of the journal to which you submitted your work for information regarding where it is in the submission process.
- Where can I obtain a list of keywords to include in my paper?
- Keywords are available here.
IEEE Abstract Description and Specifications
IEEE Graphical Abstract Description and Specifications Guide