The IEEE CAS Society relies on the support of volunteers for its operation. While some positions require a certain level of technical expertise, there are many volunteer opportunities for which Society Membership and a desire to serve are the only requirements. If you are not already involved, we encourage you to consider lending your time and talents to the Signal Processing Society. Explore the links below for ideas for volunteer involvement. If you have any questions, feel free to contact the CASS Operations Manager
Volunteer Opportunities FAQ
To nominate an IEEE CAS Society member for an IEEE SPS volunteer position:
- Go to the Call for Nominations website
- Locate the volunteer position (note the position term and nomination open and close deadline)
- Complete and submit the Nomination Form
Please contact the CASS Operations Manager. to express you interest in a position or obtain information.
As an IEEE CAS Society volunteer, you can take pride in participating in activities that interest you while expanding your knowledge of IEEE and the CAS Society, gaining valuable management and leadership skills, and networking with others in your profession.
Benefits associated with volunteer opportunities include:
- Advancing your knowledge in all aspects of technology and the sciences related to Circuits and Systems
- Helping guide the evolution of your field
- Networking with others from around the world
- Honing your knowledge of Society products and project management
- Gaining confidence and developing leadership, communication, and presentation skills
IEEE Volunteer Resources
Visit the IEEE Volunteer Resources page for a comprehensive list of resources available to IEEE volunteers in all aspects of the society, including those described on the CASS website and other opportunities not covered.